Personal Responsibility Education Program (PREP)
Today teens are faced with incredible pressures to be sexually active. Being aware of these challenges and activity, Access has chosen to implement this comprehensive intervention program designed to improve awareness and knowledge about puberty, HIV and sexually transmitted infections (STI’s) and pregnancy prevention.
The following topics will be addressed:
- Dating Responsibilities and Respect
- Effective and Assertive Communication
- Male and Female Reproductive Systems
- Puberty and Adolescent Health
- Making Abstinence Work for me
- The Consequences of Sex: HIV/AIDS and STIs
- The Consequences of Sex: Pregnancy
- Birth control
Access does not discriminate in providing services based on race, religion, ethnicity, gender, gender identification or preference. Participants will take intake and exit survey, but youth/parents may opt out and still participate in the program. All participants must have parental/guardian consent prior to participating in the PHAT-C Program.
Hearts and Homes for Youth